SWG Property for Landscapers
Our horticulture industry is an important part of Canada’s food supply, economic growth, and environmental protection. As the horticulture industry plays a vital role in a sustainable future, the Government of Canada is supporting and promoting Canada’s vibrant ornamental horticulture sector.
The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, announced a $1.5 million investment in two projects with the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association (CNLA). Investments like this will help capture new opportunities for market growth and boost exports. (1)
Through the AgriMarketing Program, CNLA will have access to up to $1.36 million in funding to increase the percentage of nursery products sold in domestic markets and increase exports to targeted countries. These funds will be used to support promotional initiatives, including incoming and outgoing trade missions, technical training, attendance at trade shows, market research, and trade advocacy. (1)
This increase in support and funding will mean that brokers have an opportunity for new business in this sector. Also, it’s a good time to make sure existing clients are prepared for growth with enough coverage. Both solo landscapers and businesses with employees can benefit from insurance coverage to protect their bottom line from losses and lawsuits.
What are the risks for landscapers?
Operators in the Landscaping Services industry provide landscape maintenance services, such as planting trees, shrubs, flowers, lawns, or gardens. As well as designing landscape plans, they may build walkways, retaining walls, decks, fences, ponds, and similar structures. Landscaping services include commercial landscaping, residential landscaping, landscape construction services, and building cleaning services.
Each landscaping project has its own set of requirements, tools, and risks. Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance is a must-have for every landscaper or gardening company because of the unique risks and ensuring the business is adequately protected.
Even the best-run businesses suffer from accidents, errors, and mishaps. The cost of an unhappy customer or expensive court fees can be a huge headache, even if the landscaper is not to blame.
A CGL policy underwritten by a specialist underwriter can help ensure the landscaping business is protected from potential liabilities arising from injuries to customers and damage to property. Potential liabilities for landscapers and gardeners include:
● Lights, decks, walkways, or other existing property damaged by the landscaper or employees
● Property damage resulting from electrical malfunctions
● Unexpected consequences of a landscaping job, such as broken windows or burst pipes
● Client injuries related to landscaping or gardening work (e.g. trips and falls)
Landscaping and Gardening businesses deserve superior coverage from a specialized underwriter
SWG CGL – Commercial General Liability insurance is designed to protect the client if products or services cause damage or injury. As careful as you might be, there are unforeseen events that can happen to every business. Protect your hard work with a policy that fits your needs.
Whether you’re a retailer, service provider, or wholesaler, commercial general liability insurance coverages can be customized to protect you against the unique risks and exposures you face.
SWG CGL – Commercial General Liability policy protects your business from financial loss should you be liable for property damage or personal and advertising injury caused by your services, business operations, or your employees. It covers non-professional negligent acts for which you might become responsible.
● Cross liability
● Contingent employer’s liability
● Product Completed Operations coverage (Broad Form)
● Our policies are on an occurrence form, we can however also offer claims made option
● Our policies can offer enhancement coverage to include, Faulty Workmanship, Product Recall coverage, Employee Benefits, Employer’s Comprehensive Bodily Injury Liability, Sub-limits for Errors & Omissions, as well as Employment Practices Liability
● Limits up to $5,000,000
● Deductibles start at $1,000 and can be customized to the size of the business or type of operation
● Coverage can be provided for sales Worldwide including the U.S.
● Includes: Fertilizer, Pesticide or Herbicide application
● Excludes: Any snow removal exposure (can be submitted separately for consideration on a case-by-case basis)
We Also Cover:
Including but not limited to the list below. Contact us if you don’t see the market you’re looking for.
● Beauty and Therapies (excluding Tanning Booths)
● Excess & Umbrella
● Recycling and Sanitation
● Pet Care and Product Sales
● Antique Markets
● Mobile Food Vendors
Visit our product page for details: https://swgins.com/product/swg-property.html.
Content is current as of the date of broadcast and is subject to change without notice.