SWG Property: Stand-Alone Commercial Property Policy
July 22, 2020
In 2019, Statista reported $5.03 billion in commercial property insurance claims. (1) Whether it’s a home-based office, a leased space, or a bricks-and-mortar outlet, every business owner needs Commercial Property Insurance. Commercial Property covers a business’ building, premises, and other physical assets, including tools, equipment, inventory, and furniture.
No matter how precautious or profitable a business may be, any business owner benefits from having coverage in place so they can replace income lost from damages, theft, vandalism, and business interruption.
Whether it’s a fire that destroys inventory and costly manufacturing equipment, a roof collapse or sudden power outage after a storm, one unfortunate incident can rack up a hefty bill.
A stand-alone Commercial Property Insurance policy helps businesses quickly bounce back from unfortunate events. It can provide immediate access to funds to repair or replace damaged property and/or equipment, while also covering the loss of income incurred by the damage.
SWG Property - Commercial Property
SWG PROPERTY – Commercial Property Liability insurance is designed to cover hard-to-place property accounts. We can accommodate most realty-type risks, from stand-alone rentals and vacant dwellings, to large commercial risks, with an in-house capacity of up to $6,000,000. We can offer participation on a subscription basis.
● Broad Form or Named Perils
● Replacement Cost
● Dependent on individual risk, construction, occupancy and town grade
Other coverages offered:
● Business Interruption, Rental Income
● Flood, Earthquake, Sewer Backup
● Crime – including Employee Dishonesty & Broad Form Money & Securities
● Mechanical Breakdown
● Personal Property of Officers and Employees
● Growing Plants, Trees, Shrubs or Flowers in the Open; Limited to $1,000 per plant
● Accounts Receivable
● Stock Spoilage
● Building By-Laws
● Inflation Protection
● Exhibition Coverage
● Automatic Fire Suppression System Recharge Expense
● Brands and Labels
● Fire Fighting Expenses
● New Acquired Locations (30 Days)
○ Equipment and Stock (Contents)
● Debris Removal
● Peak Season Increase
● Contents Off Premises in the custody of Sales Representatives
● Land and Water Pollution Clean Up Expense (Annual Aggregate)
● Building Damage by Theft
● Extra Expense
● Valuable Papers
● Off Premises Services Interruption
● Electronic Data Processing Equipment and Media
● Systems Breakdown Coverage
● Fine Arts
● Maximum value any one item; Any One Occurrence
● Installation Floater
● Professional Fees
● Exterior Building Glass
● Master Key
Most realty type risks are written on a “Premises” type form but full CGLs including Tenant’s Legal Liability are available.
Visit our website for more information.
Content is current as of the date of broadcast and is subject to change without notice.