April 28, 2021
As most of Canada continues tight restrictions on travel and social gatherings, many consumers have adapted to spending more time at home. As a result, we are seeing an increasing interest among homeowners in landscaping and gardening. This trend to take the indoors outdoors is expected to explode in 2021 and landscaping service providers could see increased demand for:
● Gazebos and pergolas to provide sheltered outdoor areas
● Transformation of underutilized lawns into outdoor seating areas
● Installations of fire pits, sitting walls, paver patios, and outdoor lighting.
Business owners and operators in the Landscaping Services industry provide landscape care and maintenance services, including planting trees, shrubs, flowers, lawns, or gardens. They may also design landscape plans or construct walkways, retaining walls, decks, fences, ponds, and similar structures. The landscaping industry provides an array of services including commercial landscaping, residential services, landscape construction services, and building cleaning services.
Growth Expected for the Landscaping Services Industry in 2021
The Landscaping Services industry is ranked the top third Administration, Business Support & Waste Management Services industry in terms of market size and the 129th largest in Canada. The market size of the Landscaping Services industry in Canada increased faster than the Administration, Business Support & Waste Management Services sector overall. (1)
Despite current lockdown measures as the country awaits vaccination, Canada’s landscaping market forecast looks optimistic. Measured by revenue, the market size of the Landscaping Services industry in Canada is $8.2bn in 2021, according to IBIS World. (1) Also, the market size of the Landscaping Services industry in Canada is expected to increase 1.8% in 2021.
What’s At Risk For Canada’s Landscaping Businesses?
Every landscaping job has its own unique requirements, demanding its own set of tools, skills, and potential risks and liability exposures. Understanding the unique risks and ensuring the business is adequately covered is why Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance is a must-have for any landscaper or gardening business.
Accidents, errors, and other mishaps can happen to the best businesses. Even if the landscaper is not at fault, the cost of an unhappy customer or expensive court fees can be a huge headache and ultimately damage a business’ reputation.
A CGL policy backed by specialist underwriters can ensure the landscaping business is protected against potential liabilities due to injury to customers or damage to property. Examples of potential liabilities for landscapers and gardeners include:
● Damage to existing outdoor infrastructure, such as lights, decks, or walkways.
● Damage to a client’s property through flooding, electrical failure, or other accidents
● Unforeseen consequences of a landscaping job, including anything from broken windows to busted pipes
● Accidents or mishaps suffered by clients related to landscaping or gardening work (e.g. trips and falls).
Provide Superior Coverage for Landscaping and Gardening Businesses with a Specialized Underwriter
SWG CGL - Commercial General Liability insurance is designed to protect the products or services of small and large businesses. As careful as you might be, there are unforeseen events that can happen to every business. Protect your hard work with a policy that fits your needs.
Whether you're a store owner, office professional, or wholesaler, commercial general liability insurance coverages can be customized to protect you against the unique risks and exposures you face.
SWG CGL - Commercial General Liability policy protects your business from financial loss should you be liable for property damage or personal and advertising injury caused by your services, business operations, or your employees. It covers non-professional negligent acts for which you might become responsible.
● Cross liability
● Contingent employer’s liability
● Product Completed Operations coverage (Broad Form)
● Our policies are on an occurrence form, we can however also offer claims made option
● Our policies can offer enhancement coverage to include, Faulty Workmanship, Product Recall coverage, Employee Benefit, Employer’s Comprehensive Bodily Injury Liability, Sub-limits for Errors & Omissions, as well as Employment Practices Liability
● Limits up to $5,000,000
● Deductibles start at $1,000 and can be customized to the size of the business or type of operation
● Coverage can be provided for sales Worldwide including the U.S., but turnover limitations for the U.S.
● Includes: Fertilizer, Pesticide or Herbicide application
● Excludes: Any snow removal exposure
We Also Cover:
Including but not limited to the list below. Contact us if you don’t see the market you’re looking for.
● Beauty and Therapies (excluding Tanning Booths)
● Excess & Umbrella
● Paintball & Laser Tag
● Recycling and Sanitation
● Pet Care and Product Sales
● Farmers a/o Antique Markets
● Mobile Food Vendors
Visit our product page for details.
Content is current as of the date of broadcast and is subject to change without notice.