August 4, 2021
People love their pets. As trusted companions and family members, they rely on us for their health and well-being. Pet owners are, therefore, as concerned about the quality and safety of their pet food as they are about the food they eat themselves.
South Western Group offers tailored CGL for hard-to-place markets, including pet care and product wholesalers and manufacturers. Social inflation and a backdrop of constantly evolving liability categories combine to make the CGL even more important in our turbulent business climate for mitigating risks.
In Canada, Commercial General Liability insurance is the most widely bought cover when it comes to casualty insurance. CGL's value and utility can scarcely be matched by other risk transfer products. General liability is a product characterized by wide dislocations as a result of its comprehensive nature. While each and every business needs it, not all business classes have access to it.
How Pet Food is Made
Dry kibble is manufactured through a process called extrusion. The most common result is the creation of large amounts of shelf-stable pet food that contains all of the ingredients necessary for healthy dogs and cats.
The dough is made by combining grains, cereals, and protein sources like beef, chicken, and eggs. In an expander, ingredients are cooked at high temperatures and under extreme pressure. In extrusion, the cooked dough is forced out of a die-cut hole and formed into kibble-sized pieces.
A dryer passes the puffs through, and they are then sprayed with vitamins, oils, and fats. Fatty and fatty acids can be packaged immediately, preventing spoilage.
What Can Go Wrong
Destruction of Property or Equipment:
Pet food manufacturing can go wrong at any stage for a variety of reasons. Destruction of the factory, equipment or the supplies or finished products can result in injuries, profit losses, and an unsafe pet food product. A comprehensive insurance product can provide a financial backup to protect operations.
In general, product recalls occur when public safety is compromised by faulty or unsafe products. It may be because a toxin has been added, something has been imported, or the label was mislabeled which leads to a recall.
In the event a business causes bodily injury or property damage to third parties due to negligence, commercial general liability (CGL) insurance is essential. In addition to attorney fees and court costs, a CGL policy covers settlements and judgments up to the limits of the policy.
Many property and liability risks affect pet food manufacturers. They need business insurance policies that protect them from these risks. Policies like these can:
● Repair and replace damaged property for the insured.
● Provide coverage for temporary expenses.
● Defend the insured and pay damages if they are sued.
SWG CGL - Commercial General Liability Insurance
SWG CGL - Commercial General Liability insurance is designed to protect the products or services of small and large businesses. As careful as you might be, there are unforeseen events that can happen to every business. Protect your hard work with a policy that fits your needs.
Whether you're a store owner, office professional or wholesaler, commercial general liability insurance coverages can be customized to protect you against the unique risks and exposures you face.
SWG CGL - Commercial General Liability policy protects your business from financial loss should you be liable for property damage or personal and advertising injury caused by your services, business operations or your employees. It covers non-professional negligent acts for which you might become responsible.
● Cross liability
● Contingent employer’s liability
● Product Completed Operations coverage (Broad Form)
● Our policies are on occurrence form, we can however also offer claims made option
● Our policies can offer enhancement coverage to include, Faulty Workmanship, Product Recall coverage, Employee Benefit, Employer’s Comprehensive Bodily Injury Liability, Sub-limits for Errors & Omissions, as well as Manufacturer’s E&O and Employment Practices Liability
● Limits up to $10,000,000
● Deductibles start at $1,000 and can be customized to the size of the business or type of operation
● Coverage can be provided for sales Worldwide including U.S., but turnover limitations for U.S.
Further Coverage Details:
● Landscapers/Gardening for others, including Fertilizer, Pesticide or Herbicide application. However excluding any snow removal exposure.
● Pet Care and Product Sales, Wholesale, Manufacturing.
● Farmers a/o Antique Markets.
● Mobile Food Vendors and Take-out Restaurants *excluding Liquor*
Includes but is not limited to the list below.
● Beauty and Therapies (excluding Tanning Booths)
● Excess & Umbrella
● Paintball & Laser Tag
● Recycling and Sanitation
● Pet Care and Product Sales
● Farmers a/o Antique Markets
● Mobile Food Vendors
For more information, visit our product page at https://swgins.com/product/swg-cgl.html
Content is current as of the date of broadcast and is subject to change without notice.